EDMO Ireland is seeking a second postdoctoral researcher to join the team at the EU-funded Hub linked to the European Digital Media Observatory (EDMO). The researcher will be based in DCU’s Institute for Future Media, Democracy and Society (DCU FuJo)
The researcher will undertake research on disinformation trends, assess the EU Code of Practice of Disinformation, develop associated outputs, and liaise with European and Irish stakeholders.
The successful candidate must have a PhD in communications or a related field; research experience in disinformation; knowledge of the research and regulatory environment surrounding disinformation in Ireland and the EU; and experience of collaborating with multidisciplinary and non-academic stakeholders in European projects. Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Postdoctoral Researcher will:
- Conduct a specified programme of research under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- Assist the PI in the management and coordination of key aspects of the research programme (e.g. reporting, partner meetings, administrative work).
- Mentor, assist, and supervise postgraduate research students and junior research staff as required.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders including academic and industry partners/collaborators as appropriate.
- Disseminate research outcomes through peer reviewed journal articles, conference papers, reports, and accessible online materials.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in appropriate training and development opportunities as required.
The contract will run for 22-months on the IUA Postdoctoral Researcher Salary Scale (€39,132 – €43,910) and the closing date for applications is the 27th of May 2022.